Privacy Statement – Fiscaal Economisch Instituut B.V.
This Privacy Statement applies to all activities of Fiscaal Economisch Instituut B.V. (‘FEI BV’). It provides the most relevant information on each individual topic.
Fiscaal Economisch Instituut BV processes personal data. This privacy statement informs you about the purposes for which personal data are processed, how you can exercise your privacy rights, and other information that may be of importance to you.
FEI BV handles personal data carefully and acts in accordance with the law, including the Dutch Personal Data Protection Act (Wbp) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Responsible party and responsibility
FEI BV is the responsible party within the meaning of the Wbp and GDPR. FEI BV considers it essential that the personal details of its course participants, students, employees and any other parties with a connection to FEI BV are handled and secured with the utmost care. As set out below, we are transparent about how your data are processed and will always comply with the requirements of the Wbp and GDPR.
For what purposes does FEI BV process your personal data?
Any personal data FEI BV collects are used exclusively for its business operations and for ensuring proper performance of statutory and other tasks and duties relating to education and research. The most important processes for which FEI BV processes personal data are:
- Administration and support of education: recruitment and selection of new students; student administration; course participants and course administration; provision of internal and external information; registration of results; issuing of certificates, diplomas and degrees; compiling and performing agreements with students and course participants; customer engagement; relationship management and marketing; management reporting; handling of disputes, and audits.
- Human resources: salaries, employment contracts, arranging benefit entitlement claims in the event of contract terminations, internal and external audits, and matters relating to health and safety in the workplace.
- Operational and financial affairs: financial administration; managing purchasing and payment systems, and performing and managing IT procedures, legal affairs and other business operations. Recruitment and selection of new employees and candidates; human resources management; providing internal and external information; preparing and performing agreements with employees, customers, consumers, suppliers and business partners; customer engagement, relationship management, marketing and market research; health, safety and security; organizational analysis, development and management reporting, and settlement of complaints.
- Management support processes: access and management systems.
- General processes: web content management; physical and digital archiving; complaints procedures, appeals and objections.
- Academic and other research.
The personal data processed by FEI BV through its various websites include personal data obtained via contact forms. This processing is based on the relevant person’s consent or a legitimate interest of FEI BV. All processes in which personal data are processed are registered in a processing activities register so that FEI BV has a complete and up-to-date overview of all data-processing processes.
From whom does FEI BV collect personal data?
In the processes mentioned above, FEI BV collects data from the following categories of data subjects:
- Students and prospective students
- Course participants
- Employees, including PhD students and applicants
- External parties, including temporary staff
- Visitors to the website(s)
- Research subjects
Which personal data does FEI BV collect?
In each process, different personal data are collected. The most common data collected are:
- Name and address details (name, address, place of residence)
- Bank account number (IBAN)
- Phone number
- Date of birth
- E-mail address
- Interaction data (e.g. information received when you contact us)
- Images (photos and videos)
- Study information, study progress and study results
- Research data
FEI BV usually collects data, including personal data, directly from you, but in some cases FEI BV also receives personal data via third parties to the extent permitted by law.
Giving and withdrawing consent
Certain activities performed by FEI BV are possible only by using your personal details. These activities include using your e-mail address to send you newsletters, promotional e-mails or study details for research purposes. These data will be used only with your explicit consent. You will always be informed of the purposes for which data will be used, the specific data to be used and to whom such data will be provided. Any consent you give to FEI BV to use your personal data can be withdrawn at any time.
How does FEI BV ensure personal data are handled confidentially?
FEI BV handles personal data confidentially. FEI BV has appropriate technical and organizational measures in place to protect personal data. FEI BV shares personal data only in accordance with this privacy statement. Data may be shared with third parties only if this is permitted and done carefully.
Sharing data with third parties
FEI BV may engage third parties to perform certain agreed services on its behalf. In such cases FEI BV will enter into a contractual processor agreement with such service providers to ensure confidential and careful handling of personal data.
Personal data will not be leased, sold or otherwise shared with or provided to third parties. FEI BV may share personal or other data with third parties if, for example, you have given consent or this is necessary for performance of an agreement.
FEI BV provides personal data to supervisory authorities or organizations responsible for combating fraud if this is required in order to comply with a statutory obligation.
If you do not agree with your personal data being processed in situations where this is required in order to comply with a statutory obligation or for performance of an agreement, performance of the agreement may be discontinued.
How long will data be stored?
FEI BV keeps personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Wbp/GDPR and for no longer than strictly necessary in order to achieve the purposes for which the data were collected.
How can you inspect, correct or delete your data?
You can send a request to FEI BV to inspect or correct data. Please indicate clearly that this is a request for inspection or correction under the GDPR. You can also request FEI BV to delete your data. However this is possible only if FEI BV can then still fulfil its legal obligations, including the statutory retention periods. Please note that you may be required to provide proof of identity. You can use the government’s ‘Kopie ID’ app to make a secure copy of your identity document.
Any such request should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are also entitled to submit a complaint about the use of personal data to the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens (Dutch Data Protection Authority).
FEI BV uses appropriate security technology in order to optimally protect personal data against unauthorized access or unauthorized use. FEI BV will report any abuse or attempted abuse to the appropriate authorities. FEI BV also has organizational measures in place to protect personal data against unauthorized access.
Cookies and click behaviour
Our website collects general visitor data, such as data on the most frequently requested pages. The purpose of collecting these general visitor data is to optimize the website structure. FEI BV uses various tools to make the website function optimally and to make it more user-friendly, as well as to actively obtain feedback from users.
The FEI BV website includes links to external websites. FEI BV does not accept responsibility for the use of personal data by these third parties. We advise you to contact these third parties for further information on their policy regarding the use of personal data.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any specific questions or comments about our privacy statement as a result of this information. You can use the contact form on the website or send an e-mail to email@example.com. The Data Protection Officer (FG) of FEI BV can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org.